Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Thursday, December 07, 2006

hE'S gOT a gUN

What the hell.
So hubby and I decided that we would go to the local Taco Bell (yeah, Ecoli, didn't even register). So the four of us go to have a quick bite before the ritual of Wal Mart shopping that needed to get done.
After finishing the last bite, we hear sirens. Lots of them.
We shrug and think "yeah, someone was probably jay walking and our local finest were out in full force".
Thru the windows we see that the red and blues surround Taco Bell and stop right in front of it. That's when we hear a lady go, "He's got a Gun!" and she and her 2 older kids run to the back and into the bathroom.
um....okaaaaaay.
The employees are hiding behind the register. Some others hide behind the taco bell sauce counter. Some stand up in their seats to get a better look. What do we do?
If you know me by now, I do what I do in any "weired" situation.....I sit there.
Hubby gets up by the door, in case the moron makes a run into Taco Bell to hold hostages or some shit and me and the kids sit in our chairs waiting for shit to hit the fan.
While at the door, hubby waves to me to get the kids back and I get up then to have them crouch behind the counter while I stand behind it.
What the hell, man...we're at Taco Bell in "middle America" not LA or New York.
The cops, all eight patrol cars, surround the guy and he gives up and lays on the ground.
Crisis diverted.
So now were their for 40 minutes while the cops search the car and hand-cuff the fucker. I know this cause the petty crime fucker decided to screech into the parking lot and park right behind my vehicle!
I called oldest sis to let her know we're trapped in this hell hole and let her know what's going on. She luvs shit like this. I bet she wished she was there.
After the 1/2 hr, we all four go outside and stare at the guy being taken away and start beeping our car to let the coppers know that we want to leave.
In the meantime, local news show up and I call mom to watch the news that night.
Aaahhhhhh....home town shenanigans.....gotta luv it.

5 Comments:

At 7:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Taco Bell yesterday and nothing as exciting as that happen! I'm glad to hear no one was injured! Small town suburbia sure isn't what it used to be!

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fun family outing if you ask me. It could have been boring and normal like any other day. Sounds like a fun time. Oh, and no, you don't know me, I just am wandering on blogs from other blogs trying to make new blogger friends.

Ok bye

 
At 11:36 PM , Blogger gordaboo said...

Welcome new friend!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Tai said...

Man! That's crazy!
Glad everyone is okay, though...

 
At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so jealous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home