Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Monday, September 18, 2006

A tribute for Lisa Egan

Five years ago, on September 11th, a nightmare happened.
2,996 people were taken from this world.

Thinking back to that day, I remember the middle sis calling and saying that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. Time stood still. I couldn't belive it. I drove to work and that day no work was done. We had a small TV and me and my office sat in front of it and watched coverage throughout the entire day. I didn't know anyone personally that worked in those buildings or lived in New York. My heart sank as I watched the buildings collapse and felt such sorrow for all those mothers, fathers, sister, brothers, and friends that were lost to so many families.

Five years later, the oldest sis told me of this tribute that was going on for the bloggers around the world and I immediately told her to sign me up.

My tribute is for Lisa Egan:

Cantor Fitzgerald was on the 101st-105th floors of One World Trade Center. They lost 658 employees, or about two-thirds of its workforce, in the September 11, 2001 attacks, considerably more than any other company.

One of their employees was Lisa Egan who was a human resources manager. She was there for four years, when she heard that there was a job opportunity for her sister, Samantha Egan, age 24. Sadly, both sisters lost their lives that day.

While researching Lisa's story, I found that she was an avid sports player, she enjoyed visiting her parents on Long Island and was loved by many family members and friends.

Her father David, in a tribute said, "I know that in the minutes after the plane hit their tower, Lisa and Samantha were together. They would have been seeking one another immediately.It would have been the first thing in their minds. 'Where is Samantha?' Lisa would have said. 'Where is Lisa?' Samantha would have thought. I know they are together."



Lisa was 31!. 31 years and old. So young and full of life. Her entire life ahead of her. She was taken from this place too soon by a ruthless senselss attack on innocent victims.

I wish it was different. I wished that Lisa was with her mother and father and brother. I wished a lot of things never happened that fateful day.

I'm not a very good writer and I hope if anyone who did know Lisa or Samantha personally knows that I did my best here. I do know that I won't forget Lisa's smiling face and will always remember her family and friends comments.

I will never forget...

Lisa Egan, age 31
Cliffside, NJ
Human resrouce manager, Cantor Fitzgerald
Loving daughter, sister, and friend.

28 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

Very nice. You did a good job.

Love, Older Sis

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

That every name, every face, every soul, every heartbeat should be made one. In the face of the tragedy we all lived through, it is the only prayer I have. Your tribute brings one more name, one more face, one more soul, one more heartbeat into the circle, and we keep living, not inspite of 9/11, but because of those who gave all.

Thank you for your piece of the puzzle.

Cindi
I proudly honored Jay Robert Magazine and Mark Bingham on my blog

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger graymama said...

This tribute brought tears to my eyes because my sister was so close to the events of that day. You did a great job!

Thanks for stopping by my tribute to Thomas E. Sinton III.

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger kateandjona said...

Thank you for sharing your tribute to Lisa.

Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

I hope and pray that her father was right and that the sisters were together. This is a beautiful tribute and we will remember Lisa Egan.

I remember Brooke David Rosenbaum.

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger spyderkl said...

That was lovely, and a great tribute not only for Lisa Egan, but her sister as well.

Thanks for stopping by. I paid tribute to James Amato.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Mark Leslie said...

What a lovely tribute to Lisa. Thanks for sharing her story and helping her memory burn strong.

 
At 8:03 PM , Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Good job remembering and honoring Lisa. It is so hard to read that a family lost two daughters in one day. I cannot imagine their anguish. My condolences to their family. I hope they read your heartfelt words. Lisa and her sister will be remembered. Thank you for your hard work. Thanks for reading my tribute to Catherine A. Nardella who died too young, too soon.

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Blogger profile name said...

What a nice tribute. How sad for the family to lose two daughters.

 
At 12:01 AM , Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Beautiful Tribute to a Beautiful young woman...And to think that her sister perished as well....That is more pain than any family should have to bear, ever...I truly feel so for all the loving survivors of all those dear sweet people lost on that horrific day...
This is the 4tn or 5th tribute in which I have read of more than one family member stricken that day.
We must never ever forget all these great good people and their families and friends.

 
At 5:36 AM , Blogger Cosmic Siren said...

Sometimes we forget that some families lost more than one relative in this tragedy. Thank you for this tribute and thank you for visiting mine for Richard Catarelli.

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Mark Base said...

That was a wonderful, sincere, and obviously heartfelt tribute.

Your writing is fine - you did a fantastic job with your tribute to both sisters, and their grief-stricken family.

Very well done.

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Ca... said...

What a sad thing that two sisters lose their lives together. But wonderful they were together at the end,- and still are. Great tribute.

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Chaos Mommy said...

How awful for that family to lose both of their girls.
Cantor Fitzgerald is that one company that keeps popping up and popping up on so many blogs I've read. What a terrible loss.
Thanks for a nicely done tribute and for commenting on mine!

I remember John Napolitano.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger lochan said...

Thank you for this tribute to Lisa. I remember Lisa Egan and Thomas Patrick Farrelly and the 2,994 others who lost their lives that day.

 
At 3:18 AM , Blogger Ebyjo said...

She had such a sweet and calming smile. Her smile is the type that you seek when things get really rough in life. I bet she was a teriffic listener. Thank you for helping me get to know more about her.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger web_loafer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger web_loafer said...

Your very good tribute was one of the saddest I've read, but your tribute was done with dignity. To imagine the pain of losing two hard working daughters. I can't imagine it.

The very scope of the 2,996 project is awesome. It may take me a year but I plan to visit all of the blogs that took part in this project.

Lisa Egan worked in the same offices that so many did, and none of the employees of Cantor Fitzgerald escaped death that horrible day.

Lisa Egan won't be forgotten, in fact none of the innocents who were murdered that day will be forgotten, we won't let it happen.

Good tribute, I wrote a tribute to another Cantor Fitzgerald employee at my blog Sanity's Bluff.

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Rhonda Gales said...

You did a great job with Lisa Egan's tribute. So young, how sad.

I'm honoring Nancy Carole Farley and Jeffrey J. Shaw.

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Kache said...

Such a wonderful tribute. So sad to lose 2 members of the same family.

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger HP said...

Very nicely written. How sad for parents to lose two daughters but, some comfort (if that's even possible), to know they were together.

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger Queen Bug said...

That was beautiful... thanks for leading me here.

 
At 3:21 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

To lose one child in this horrific event is bad enough but I can't even imagine losing two. Thanks for this tribute and for remembering her sister too. Your words are very compassionate and heartfelt. I'm sure her friends and family will appreciate this too. Thank you for stopping by and reading my tribute for Jane Eileen Josiah.

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger March Hare said...

You did a great job remembering Lisa and Samantha. A perfect picture, too.

Thank you for stopping my memorial to Ezra Aviles.

As another poster commented, I'll be reading the memorials all year. 2996 is a big number...

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger blogger said...

Sisters! It's very sad. Thank you for sharing and doing this.

Thanks for your comment on my tribute.


max


In Memory of Judith Ann Reese

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Alfred T. Mahan said...

Younger than I am now. As others have said, to lose two family members to that terrible day must still be heartbreaking. A moving tribute, very well-written (don't sell yourself short).

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Alfred T. Mahan said...

And you have my thanks for stopping by my tribute to Lorraine Bay as well.

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are heartbreaking stories and difficult to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

Bless you...

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home