Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Monday, September 04, 2006

a hELPING hAND

I got a call from the nephew today. He said he was coming into town to check out a car and brought up that big sis and mentioned the boy and his problems.
I knew this cause when big sis came to pick up the neice from the girls birthday party, she said that maybe her son could talk to the boy about life in general. As soon as she said that, I started to cry (as usual when anything comes up with the boy) and as I type this I cry. I don't know why I do that.
When the nephew called and asked some questions and I told him what I could. He said I don't have to worry yet and things aren't really that bad. -sigh-
The nephew then told me about his friends and how he has some that were just like the boy and he even went into the situation about his girlfriend and what he's gone thru with her. He said he doesn't like to talk about personal things that go around with him but let me in a litte.
I cried, of course, and said I wasn't some basketcase like my mom but I can't really seem to get my feelings in check when it comes to the boy.
I told him about his school experience last year, his feelings about society, his friends, and that he doesn't belive in God. The nephew says that he sees that alot and maybe he can listen to the boy and give him some things to sit and think about.
I thanked him and told him that the boy would listen to him cause that's his big cousin.
I told the boy later that his big cousin said he may one day come over and pick him up and go somewhere and talk or something and he thought I was blowing smoke up his ass. He said "Yeah, I'd talk to him, but he stopped talking to me long time ago."
I let the boy know that the newphew was growing up and he had things to do and that he didn't "forget" him and true to his word, the nephew called later that evening and asked if the boy could go out with him tomorrow for some kind of frizbee game they play....and u guessed it, I cried.
The nephew also said that when he left to go to Ireland, the boy gave him a rosary to take with him. He just happened to come across it last week at his station house. Maybe he was supposed to find it. Maybe this might be the thing the boy needed.
I hope so.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

About that rosary...
I had found it in his bag when he got back from Ireland. I asked him where it came from and he said M-moo had given it to him. He asked me if I would put it in my jewerly box. For some reason, I felt it should stay in the bag and told him to put it back where it had been. That was last year. Funny that he would find it again now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home