Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Friday, February 03, 2006

tHE gIRL iS hOME....aND i lEFT hER

The girl finally came home. The bus ride took a bit longer cause there was a huge wreck on the main ride home. She came home a bit later but all was good. Auntie, hubby and niece all came over and went to the school to see her come home. That was awesome. She had a good trip. Not sad that she left, she had a blast which is what I wanted for her. No fights with the girls she was with either...whew! She got to play sports, learn about the sea life and even disected a squid's eyballs and cut off their testicles...yep. She said, "We even had to cut off their testicles"...the boy and hubby started to laugh and I said, "Babe, you mean its arms?" She said, "Yeah." I said, "Babe, those are teNticles...not testicles. Those are boy parts." WE all all had a good laught at that one.

We all settled in after coming home from eating dinner and around 8:45 or so, mom called to let us know that they took the last remaining matriarch of the family to the hospital. She had trouble breathing and took her to the local hospital. Mom called a little cryig about 15 minutes later and said she wanted to go. I kissed the girl goodbye and off we went to the hospital. We waited there with my cousin and her hubby and they called her back aboud 9:30. While waiting some kid around 9 yrs old was asking a million an done questions to my poor cousin P.
"Where do you live?"
"What's the superbowl?"
"What time does it start?"
"What channel"
"Have you ever been to Utah?"
"What about Las Vegas"
"HOw many children do you have"
"Who's sick"
and on and on and on and on. I was praying that they would call him back but they never did (He stepped on a nail)
My cousin came back out around 11:00 and said that they were going to do some X-rays and it would be awhile. Unfortunately the fog started to roll in and I knew I wouldn't be able to see for much longer so we told them that we would have to be leaving. I hope all is well.
We lost the first matriarch last year and that was a rough one. I don't want to have to see this wonderful lady go either. She's 85 yrs old and still has better skin than me. Its amazing. My mom and her are very close and it will be really hard on her if things go bad. These woman talk everyday on the phone with each other. The last couple of weeks its been hard to understand her because she talks as if she's had a stroke (even though she hasn't). I hope all is well and will pray for her.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home