Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

tHE dRIVE fROM hELL

Driving to work this morning, minding my own business, running late as usual. Me being in the middle lane, a truck pulls up on the slow lane next to me. Keeping time with my car. Now, I never liked that, I hate when cars ride along at the same speed with me. I slow down, he slowed down. I sped up...he sped up. What the fuck?! I quickly look over and he nods his head. What the fuck ever dude...I'm late for work. We keep driving. The next 20 miles he's still there. I'm not liking it. He's behind me, but not too far. I get off the main freeway and head off onto another....here he comes. I get off on another freeway...hey look , there he is. Sooooo, I'm getting off the third freeway change and, you guessed it, he's there. Right behind me. I swear to God, I'm not panicking just yet, but I'm getting a little worried.

Ok, tra-la-la-la...i'm driving...i'm looking. There HE is!!! I give up by now and I call work to let them know I've been followed from my hometown to here. I thought they would laugh at me but they were worried too. I told him that if this truck turns down my little street, then I'm going to start crying. Sure enought he turns, the guys say hurry up and pull in. I do and he drives past real slow. I pull into my parking space and all my guys (4 in total) are standing around my car waiting for me. It was soo sweet. My knights in shining polos. I get out and I hear the roar of the truck engine actually pulling into the parking lot. My hands are shaking, my heart is in my throat. He pulls up and I back up as my guys walk towards. Sooo manly. I look into the truck and I shake my head at him and I tell the guys, "I don't know him". They proceed to walk to the truck and the driver finally jumps out and yells, "Julie? Is n't that you? It's me....."
Holy fuck, it was a name from the past. I did know him. I was seeing him when hubby and I was going thru our divorce.......13 yrs ago!!!!!!!

My guys look at me for confirmation and I nod my head. I swear , right out of a fucking movie. He stands there and tells me that he just came back to town and has 2 kids of his own...blah blah blah. I tell him he scared the fuck out of me and i make sure to tell him that I'm still married, bought a home and has 2 kids now.

I swear what a day. I was shaking the entire time I retold this story to the guys. They had a good laugh. How sad am I that I didn't even recognize him...and how fucking weird for him to follow me that long of a ways. (30 miles total)

so people (well, big sis, since she's the only one that reads this) if I turn up missing one day, you know who to look out for.....hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home