Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A blast from the past

Recently a friend from school passed away. We hung out, we've known each other since 7th grade, shared notes, shared tests, shared gossip, shared drinking. After high school, we fell out of touch as many people do. She died last week. Hubby and I will be going to the rosary.
A close friend from those days called me up last night out of the blue and asked if I was going. She now lives in town and wants to get together Thanksgiving weekend. "Yeah, definately, sounds great", yadda yadda yadda. I actually got a little sick to my stomache. What do I have in common with theses people anymore? What would we talk about? Ourselves? Yeah I can see that conversation.
I'm married to the last person you ever thought that I would still be married too. I have 2 kids. I go to work. I go to cheer 4 nights a week with the girl. The sons in sewing. Hubby and I have the worse "fuck you" conversations ever. I smoke...alot. The word "fuck" is a every other word for me. um.....yep that's it. Wraps up the last 15 years of my life. I don't know about this particular friend, but the other one that is coming has a million and one things going on. A business in the bay area, a business down here where we live. A house being built back home. One to take care of over there. Couple of kids and who knows what else.
Ugh, I hope she doesn't call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home