Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Saturday, October 29, 2005

The audio man

I was pissed. After my early morning (2:00 am) drive to put out our chairs for the annual parade, I came home to sleep for a 4 hrs to get back up at 5:30 so that we may commence to the annual breakfast on main street. Lo and behold, the fucking audio man put up this huge fucking contraption with microphones right on top of my blanket. I saw the local television guy and said, What the devil? What is that and why is that here? He said he was only video man and to ask audio man. Audio man came along and I said, What the devil? Why is that here? I came here @ 2:00 am to put chairs out. He said with a smile, sorry but they were taping in stereo or some shit. He said that the bad thing (ugh, more than putting it on my blanket?) was that if we talked to loud it would come up on tv. Pan to my face with a smile and evil grin. They asked for it. Maybe they'll think twice about putting it next to us next year. Throughout the parade I talked aloud (no cussing so I wouldn't embarrass mom) and held up my cell phone with its annoying free regular tone high up in the air and let ir ring. It helped my irritation somewhat.
My friend was watching from home and let me know when they were panning the street so that i could run out to the middle of the street and wave. That was fun. What an idiot. At least I was on T.V....hahahaha.
The parade was long. Very long. 4 hrs to be exact. Mom, oldest sis, hubby and their daughter all showed up. It was a smaller group than normal cause baby sis and fam couldn't come down.
The girl was in the parade on the cheer float and we all waved and as soon as she went by, the neice and I ran after all the way to the end of the parade route. That was a feat considering we had been sitting on lawn chairs for 3 hrs by now and running was not a thing our legs wanted to do. The shit you do for your kid.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Tai said...

Hey, I'd do the same for my cat...but he wouldn't appreciate it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, really appreciated the salutations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home