Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Thursday, October 12, 2006

guaca-MOLE


The boy and I went to the childrens hospital today to check out his mole. I always thought that the mole would be such a distinguished mark for his later years, but alas, he can't stand it anymore. His family Dr got an appointment at the plastic surgery at the top childrens hospital in the part of town and wanted to see what they had to say about it.
The Doc said it didn't look dangerous. Regular color, size, shape...la la la la. She said she would book another appointment in 6 months and see if we wanted to have it removed at that time. The boy said yes...we'll see April how he feels.
The down side, is that of course it will leave a scar. Not a huge one, since the mole isn't big but a line scar that will be noticable. I think he would rather have the "cool" looking scar than the "autin powers" mole.
The only time I have been in this hospital is when the girl was a baby and the niece was in for a scary emergency trip. I only saw the ugly beige part of the hospital. IN the main hospital...its sooo colorful and quite nice. Pretty purples, greens, teals, and blue walls and chairs. While there we saw a lot of sick kids and it was really sad. Here we were walking in for a mole check up and some of these kids will be spending a lot of time in these pretty walls. I felt bad and so did the boy.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 AM , Blogger Kim said...

It's odd what will stick in your head from a movie, isn't it? I have a bunch of lines from Tombstone I remember, Val as Doc did a great job delivering them. I also claim "It's in the Hole" from Bill Murray in Caddyshack. Thanks for dropping in at my place today, and extra thanks for the link up! Nice meeting you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home