Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

aNOTHER smALL sTEP fOR mAN.....

One more step in getting closer to Hawaii.

I just booked 4 rooms at a hotel near the airport that will not only put us up for the night, but they will also keep our cars for the 7 days we will be gone aaaaannnddddd....get a free cont breakfast consisting of dry toast, 2 day old bagels and crunchy donuts for the low low price (which is actually a very good price) of $99.95 plus tax.

You can't go wrong on this one. Oldest sis found the hotel and we were going to book it online, but I actually called the place and they quoted me an even cheaper price by $16.00 or so.

So in my savings account of change that I've been saving for the last 4 months, I will not only be able to pay for the room ($110), the gas ($40), pit stop at some fast food restaurant to get fed for the 4 hr trip ($25), the tipping of the shuttle guy ($1 bag this time, we don't want to go over board....$8), earphones for the plane ride ($3.00 ea x 2 = $6), a snack box or 2 on the plane (they suck , but when your hungry your hungry 2 x 5.00 = $10.00), and still have $40 left over for when my feet actually hit the hawaiian island and start spending the real money!!
Whoo--hoo....I like it.

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Blogger TLP said...

I'm jealous! Always wanted to go to Hawaii.

I've tried to find Christine also. She drops in and comments once in a great while still, but her blog is just gone. I checked with another blogger who said that she had gotten an email saying that Christine was fine, but after reaching her 100th reason for hating John, decided to quit the blog.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger gordaboo said...

Thanks Lucy for the update. I was such an avid reader of hers. It's so sad to see such great bloggers go bye bye.!

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Hawaii!!! I just love it there! What island are you going to? We were there in February for two weeks on three islands, it was spectacular. If you are in Maui, be sure to go to Joe's. WONDERFUL place!

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger RWB said...

Hawaii rocks! If the cost of living wasn't so outrageous I would be living there right now!

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures to show us! (Disposable Camera $2.99)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home