Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Sunday, August 13, 2006

tHANK yOU mASTERCARD

Thanks to my trusty ol mastercard, the boy and girl went shopping this weekend....and I'm exhausted.

Saturday morning, bright and early (bright and early for me that is)we left our small town to go up north to the mall. By 12:30 we were at said mall ready to shop. Me, mom, the girl and the 2 nieces. Lord help me. Trying to rein in the two little ones, lead mom and help the girl pick out clothes was a task. We ended up leaving 6 1/2 hrs later with 4 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of knickers a backpack and school supplies. Not very good considering the amount of time I spent on my feet, in flip flops no less. My body wasn't made for little girls and shopping. By the time we got back to mom's, I sat outside, lit up a cigarette and watched the girls ride the skateboard into the street. Hey I was tired, if they wanted to ride into traffic, so be it for me to stop them.

Sunday morning, it was me and the boy's turn. We left around noon and 3 1/2 hrs later we were done. It was soooo easy. One stop shopping. Went into the store, which was having a huge sale, 20% off of everything if you had the coupong. But of course my coupon was sitting in my mailbox. We ended up getting 4 pairs of jeans, converse sneakers, 3 shirts, underwear, socks, undershirts, and a vest. When going up to pay, a woman asked if I had my coupon and I said no...she whipped hers out and said here take mine!!! How's about that! I ended up saving 56.00 because of her. That was a nice treat. After that, we just decided to walk up and down the mall (again , I was in flip flops) to check things out. An hour later, we went back up to the store with the sale and I went right up to the mens section to give my coupon to someones else that didn't have one. It took a couple of try's but I found a man who was next in line to check out and noticed he didn't have one. So I gave him my borrowed one. One good deed done for the day.

Once home, I had to go grocery shopping with R and we spent another 1 1/2 in that store....in flip flops still!!!!

I sit here totally exhausted and actually can't wait to get to work so that I can sit my fat ass in my chair (in flip flops)and not have to walk anywhere.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM , Blogger Just Me said...

So THAT'S why my ankles are killing me today!

Zoo/playland/Storyland + Flipflops = Pain!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home