Ramblings of a Mad Piggie

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

bIRTHDAY bOY


Jesus wept. I am now the mother of a 15yr old! Where does the time go! 15!! Holy shit, I'm getting older. But enough about me...let's talk about him.
Here is a pic of the boy.

Let's do a 15 things about me thing for him, shall we? Sure , he doesn't know this site exists, so lets.

1. He hates his mustache. Wants to shave it soo badly, but hubby won't let him? Why you ask? Cause the boy doesn't comb his hair, or iron his clothes, or generally takes care of himself. This is hubby's only bargaining chip with him in those regards. He's told him, wanna shave your mustache? Show me for one week you can go with combing and grooming yourself and I'll let you shave. This pic was taken 2 weeks ago...as you can tell the 'stache is still there.

2. He has very low self esteem. He's very self conscious about his body. Is this normal for a boy? I know girls go thru this, but does a boy? He won't take his shirt off ever. He zips up his jacket to the neck and won't ever wear shorts out to school or in public.

3. He's 3/4 mexican and 1/4 white. Looks more white, but has mexican features.

4. He's funny. He can recite almost any comedian's act that he enjoys and makes them sound great. We trade off Mitch Hedbert, Ron White, Christopher Titus jokes.

5. He plays the electric guitar. He was self taught. He's no Eddie Van Halen, but for being self taught, he can actually play some songs.

6. He has excema. I had it as a kid, but mine went away around the 4th grade. His isn't very active, but he still breaks out really bad 3 or 4 times a year. He gets it above his belly button, behind his knees and on his arms.

7. He got his first girlfriend this year. Around October he "got with" (the term nowaways) V and 4 weeks later (on her birthday in fact) broke up with him and returned the necklace he gave her. they have since reconciled and have been together since.

8. He listens to almost anything (like me). His tastes can run from System of the Down, red jumpsuit, Hinder, wolfmother, Korn, swing ballads (yeah, i said it), heavy heavy metal, some bubblegum metal, and a little bit of sublime, falloutboy, etc.

9. He wears black. He wore black so much that I had to actually take away all his black shirts and not let him wear them. He still insists on wearing his Volcom sweatshirt zipped up though. Drives me crazy.

10. Whenever he tries on new jeans he always does a little "michael jackson'ish" move with his feet. Not moonwalking, more like a crisscross-ish move. It's funny. I don't even know if he's aware of it.

11. He can sleep. If you let him, he can sleep until 1:00 in the afternoon.

12. He and his sister actually get along quite well for being siblings. They take care of each other. Don't get me wrong, they still fight, but for the most part are great with each other.

13. He has a very open relationship with me but his dad's is somewhat strained. Someday I hope that all changes.

14. When he grows up, he wants to be a writer of animae.

15. He's a good kid and very respectable towards his elders. He's always got along with adults better than his own peers.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM , Blogger RWB said...

Happy Birthday Son of gordaboo!

I know how you feel...My oldest is 16 and a handful!

Boys are very self conscious around this age...things are happening to their body, hormones are going crazy, it's a very confusing age!

Don't worry about the Father\Son relationship...it wasn't until I was around 20 that I realized my dad knew a little something and that I should probably be listening to him! We get along great now!

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger gordaboo said...

Hey thnx! 16 yrs huh....your up there just like me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home